Camera ready art should be submitted with each new order. Orders requiring more than fifteen (15) minutes of art time to make art camera ready will be charged a minimum hourly rate of $40.00. These charges also apply to typesetting. Acetates, film positives, screens and other preparatory materials produced by Custom Deco remain the exclusive property of Custom Deco. Instructions pertaining to layout, colors, size, positions of art and type styles should be clearly stated on the purchase order.
Camera Ready Artwork Tips
- Convert text to curves or outlines (exact type style matches cannot be guaranteed).
- Save vector artwork as an “.eps” and bitmaps as “.bmp” or “.tif” file format in black & white at 800 dpi or higher.
- Submit only the art you wish to imprint. Avoid submitting disks or e-mails with multiple files that do not pertain to your order.
- Multicolor artwork must be separated, unless submitted in vector “.eps” format.
- Minimum line thickness of .005”.
- Reverse type elements must be a minimum of .010” (.018” for metallic imprints).
- Type style size minimum of six points.
- Halftone or tint range 20-70 at 65 line screen.
- Pre-production proof required.
- Faxed art and art downloaded from the internet is not camera ready.
For designs requiring an extensive amount of an artist’s time, such as converting a photograph or toned copy to a line drawing necessary for direct screen printing, a $40.00(g) per hour charge will apply. Custom Deco reserves the right to define complicated art.
E-mail Artwork and Purchase Order to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . To ensure we are able to match the E-mail art to the purchase order, please include the Company Name, P.O. Number, and Account Number on the art E-mail. Please include a copy of the purchase order with your E-mail, or indicate layout, color placement and item number.
Size and Placement of Artwork
Clearly state on your order, if your artwork is one sided, two sided or a wrap around imprint. Also, please state if the art is to exact size or should be reduced or enlarged. If specifications are not made on sizing of artwork we will use our best judgement Certain glassware products have a “seam”. We do not recommend wrap around imprints on “seamed” items.
A complementary proof will be supplied. This is exactly how the imprint (size, placement and copy) will appear on the chosen item. The order will be produced as proofed unless otherwise notified in writing. Please pay particular attention to spelling, size and positioning of the layout. Written approval must be submitted before production will commence.
Due to the inherent nature of most monitors (varied calibrations, color management, varying degrees of brightness and resolution), the actual imprint color(s) and imprint location will vary with actual production run. Be aware that most virtual samples are a visual guide and may not reflect the exact imprint placement for the actual production run. A true representation for the design is an actual pre-production proof.